Alpharetta, United States
about 1 year ago
Summary Overall responsibility for coordination between the Projects Team, including Service, and the Production team regarding scheduling, transmittals and resources. Strong interaction with management, customer and manufacturing personnel. Interface with both production management and the internal customer. Effective scheduling for all operations, reviewing and reacting to component or material availability at least four weeks out. Timely processing and maintenance of manufacturing transmittals. Achieve on time delivery. Proper mid-term planning and coordination regarding releases of purchased materials. Process and review jobs and work Travelers in a Work in Process system. Collate and report production details concerning manufacturing and testing production. Facilitate weekly Production meeting between Manufacturing, Testing, and the Project Management teams. Maintain manufacturing Whiteboard. Coordinate parts delivery priority between procurement and the assembly floor. Maintain Cabinet Tracker Spreadsheet. Assist manufacturing personnel in the use of online tools. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor, and manage production schedule/tracker.
- Work with Purchasing, Production, Quality, Sales, and Engineering to resolve issues that may impact schedule deviation.
- Review and consult with Sales on actual and forecast customer demand to assure schedule is aligned to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Monitor plant load to capacity and adjust schedule to meet customer expectations.
- Distribute Revenue Dashboard daily
- Work with Sales on default lead times for finished product
- Facilitate production schedule meetings with manufacturing teams to complete rolling 90-day plan/schedule.
- Coordination and communication with plant schedulers to execute production plan
- Manage revenue projections on a rolling 90-day period
- Track actual production against production plan/schedule. Create metric to measure production performance and work with plant management to drive solutions for gaps in plan performance.
- Review at-risk orders and bring recommendations and resolution to management team for review.
- Identify opportunities to schedule production in order to take advantage of maximizing outbound freight rates to various regions of the country.
- Provide leadership to the scheduling team, including training and setting clear expectations.
- Participate in LEAN and 5S activities and events.
- Utilize ERP/MRP system to improve planning and scheduling process efficiency
- Work with Quality team to ensure all quality policies, procedures and work instructions are followed correctly.
- Maintain and report department metrics to Director of Purchasing, Planning and Logistics.
- Drive continuous improvements for planning and scheduling process
- Promote a safe work environment
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Degree in Business or a related field preferred or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Understanding of supply chain processes including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Understanding of MRP, Shop Floor Control, and Planning Systems.
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated with ability to be self-sufficient.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while balancing multiple priorities and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and negotiation skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.