Orlando, United States
about 2 months ago
The Siemens Energy Commercial Bid Management team is looking for a Software developer with data analysis and ETL experience. We seek a professional with experience, vision, and the skills to modernize an existing ETL workflow. The workflow supports a strategic cost analysis initiative aided by visual report showing budgeted and actual expenditures made by internal departments. The existing ETL workflow, built by an ETL expert, is extensive - multiple data connections (Excel, HANA, etc.), data validation checks, joins, unions, selects, filters, crosstab, formulas, etc.
As the ETL Developer you will primarily be responsible for the design (possible re-design), modification, and enhancement of Alteryx workflows and related datasets. This is a full-time, fast track project position for the Orlando office, but remote work is acceptable. We look for someone who can guide the project with their recommendations for best practices from experience.
- Comprehend business requirements from Commercial and Digitalization departments
- Determine course of action - be it complete overhaul or enhancement of existing workflow.
- Design, develop, modify, and enhance ETL workflows and datasets using Alteryx (version 2019.4)
- Prepare technical specifications based on business requirements
- Prepare documentation for the workflow(s) (embedded, technical, and user)
- Perform end-to-end data validation
- Testing (formal, informal, standard and edge-case error testing)
- Provide training so business users (Artisans) can maintain the workflow after contract
- Solve customer problems and enhance the application with beneficial features.
- 7+ years of Software Development experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with ETL (Alteryx Designer)
- Hands-on skills and experience in Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, and the tools with Alteryx (parsing, transforms, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Good documentation and knowledge transfer capabilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau)
- Familiarity with Agile development cycle, software change/release management
- Ability to understand and improve upon existing designs
- Alteryx Product Certification