Alpharetta, United States
over 1 year ago
The intern will work for Siemens Corporation, Supply Chain Management in the Direct Material Pooling (DMP) and Cost & Value Engineering (CVE) department.
The role provides strong support to the DMP & CVE teams through the provision of timely and accurate reports to help drive regional performance by performing key activities to ensure effective month-end processes are met in accordance with internal guidelines.
The intern will be assigned specific job tasks and projects during the internship period. Job assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Assist reporting for various projects
- Track internal groups projects due
- Support team in optimizing communications platforms including Intranet, Newsletters, Social Network, etc.
- Assist team with multiple presentations
- Data analysis and data integrity
In this role the intern must take initiative and work autonomously in order to ensure progress and to complete delegated tasks on time. The role will provide the intern exposure to various aspects of supply chain management i.e.: negotiations, coordination meetings, etc. as well as key project and business initiatives. In addition, this role will allow the intern the opportunity to better know the wider Siemens family of business.
Siemens offers a strong network for entry level talent including interns and graduates that encourage professional development and provide career enhancing activities.
Qualifications: Education required: Preferably Sophomore/Junior Academic major: Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, International Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Logistics Minimum GPA: 3.25
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Knowledge/previous exposure to analytics platforms like Tableau, QlikView, etc. is appreciated
- Previous internship or clerical experience
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Well organized with ability to multi task
- Excellent time management
Internship duration: The ideal candidate will be available to work 20 hours/week for 12 months (6 months possible). Hours are flexible to accommodate school schedule.