Scheduler - Oncology
Coordinates schedules and schedules appointments for procedure, exam, and infusion rooms. Makes scheduling decisions, which improve and maximize overall system efficiencies and increase appropriate utilization. Makes members/patients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive member/patient relationships. Actively seeks information to understand member/patient circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds rapport and cooperative relationship with members/patients. Considers how actions or plans will affect members; responds quickly to meet member/patient needs and resolves problems.
* Schedules Oncology appointments and procedures for the entire region.
* Coordinates scheduling of multiple and complex appointments within the department.
* Strong knowledge of every procedure and appointment type in the Oncology Department. Interviews the patient/provider regarding chemotherapy treatments and procedures to ensure scheduling of appointments is within correct time frame as needed. Instructs patients on the appropriate preparation for procedures as to what to do and what to avoid.
* Serves as a resource for scheduling procedures and other oncology appointments. Maintains and enhances knowledge base necessary to identify and make scheduling decisions.
* Must be able to initiate telephone encounters and recognize emergent patient conditions.
* Manages all front office activities, including typing, faxing, sending certified letter, and answering all incoming phone calls.
* Performs other duties as requested by management.
* Position requires sitting for prolonged periods of time.
* In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
* 2 years of scheduling experience
* HS diploma required May be requested to travel to other Metro Denver area medical facilities.
Epic medical record experience highly preferred.