Gathers information for and generates ongoing financial reports. Helps with financial planning and modeling. Assists with preparation of operating budgets. Solid technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Experience Level: minimum 3+ years of direct relevant experience. Basic Qualifications:
* There are three experience/education based pathways by which candidates can qualify for the position: Minimum of three (3) year
recent patient accounts receivable reconciliation experience handling both Hospital and Professional Patient Accounting AND one
(1) year of healthcare collector experience performing outbound insurance balance follow-up and resolution (not just inbound calls), using knowledge of patient debit balances, credit balances, procedure codes, refund procedures, cash transactions, and experience reconciling accounts to a zero balance.
* 2. the absence of healthcare experience, the minimum qualifications are four (4) years credit, collections, and full account
reconciliation experience as a collector or credit analyst making outbound calls handling highly complex accounts and high volumes of reconciliation and collection issues that have multiple root causes and solutions.
* 3. Internal PFS SEIU-UHW member candidates may qualify via the PFS Career Ladder, and should consult with their supervisor
* The Basic Computer Literacy Assessment score must be current within one (1) year (contact Local HR Office for testing). Must
obtain passing score on the Basic Computer Literacy Assessment (passing score set at 75).
* Internal candidates must have a minimum of two (2)years experience using KP HealthConnect Resolute or meet the substitution
* Demonstrated Computer Agility (tested) which includes being proficient in PC Windows based environment, and an ability to use
Word and Excel formulas, sorting, and other common functions (minimum test score required).
* Demonstrated experience reconciling accounts to a zero balance, including all debit and credit balances, with a basic understanding
of accounting transactions.
* Ability to effectively communicate account circumstances and/or root causes to ASU management and PFS staff.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Fair Debt and Collections Act, HIPAA, NAIC.
* Demonstrated knowledge of reimbursement practices by all lines of business that PFS handles (e.g.,Medicare, MediCal,
Commercial, Workers Compensation, Self Funded, etc.).
* Understanding of contractual allowances, capitation reimbursement, administrative adjustments and basic medical terms.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Successfully pass 10 key by touch test with minimum passing score of 5,000 gross keystrokes per hour.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations and succinctly describe the analysis performed.
* Ability to sit for long period of time.
* Ability to use general office equipment including telephone, fax, copier.
* Ability to work well in a team environment and within the Labor Management Partnership guidelines and effectively participate in Unit