Baltimore, United States
3 months ago
Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports.
Duties will include:
- Prepare journal entry upload templates and enter journal entries into the general ledger accounting system. Entry types can include cash, revenue, accounts receivable, bad debt, and medical costs.
- Prepare accrual entries for expenses that remain unpaid at month-end and release accruals when payments are made.
- Run reports in the general ledger accounting system.
- Review and analyze the impact of entries posted in the general ledger system.
- Accomplish department and corporate goals via the timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Understand and be able to articulate drivers behind account variances.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations including bank/cash reconciliations.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested for internal and external purposes.
- Document and implements accounting procedures.
- Research and interpret data to resolve questions surrounding financial data.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Provide accounting support for mergers, acquisitions and other new business units.
- Stay current with accounting trends and policies by participating in educational opportunities.